The Budget Committee consists of three members from the Faculty Council, three members from the General Faculty, the Faculty Council Vice Chair (ex-officio) and one emeritus faculty member.
This committee shall formulate and recommend policies and long-term plans pertaining to the division of funds in the University. Its functions shall include the following:
(1) review the University budget, its preparation, and status;
(2) attend annual college/division budget presentations by the Deans;
(3) obtain updates from the Senior Vice President of Finance regarding the University budget proposal and other matters;
(4) administer salary surveys and conduct studies;
(5) recommend long-range plans relating to the division of funds and resources among various University programs and activities. In addition, it shall be available to consult with and advise the President of the University and other appropriate administrators on matters pertaining to the budget recommendations to be made to the Board of Regents and the division of funds and resources within the University.
2023-2024 Committee Members
Faculty Council Members
Maria Ma - Chair
General Faculty Members
Emeritus Faculty Member